Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Key words -What IF

Sooo 2 nights ago my dad talked to us about going to Baja Mexico for our family vacation next year. Sweet! Then he told us which month he wanted to go... because it was better for kiteboarding of course lol. Little do my parents know, that we are trying to uh make a baby. So of course he is not putting that into consideration. We tried while in Hawaii so this week was the time to find out if it worked.. And as you saw on my previous post, it didn't. So no worries but when we were talking on the phone we didn't know yet. I would have been having a baby in April and going in the 3rd week of March was a little too close for comfort. I will not be accidentally having a child in Mexico. Sorry people but...hell no. The airplane wouldn't scare me. It's the mexican hospitals or lack of in some parts as well as the crappy water. Yikes.
So I leaned over to Dustin so my dad couldn't hear and whispered "What if I am pregnant??"
He only heard the 'I'm pregnant' part and quickly looked at me with huge eyes and whispered loudly..."You're pregnant!!!" It was kind of an excited but still 'holy crap!' kind of surprise. I started laughing really hard because I loved his reaction. I said, "No, what IF I am?" He just relaxed and smiled sort of embarrassed he heard me wrong.
I would make it work. And somehow make it seem like we needed to have our vacation sooner and make up some amazing excuse... Because it is hard to sneak things passed my dad. Although he didn't catch on to all the surprises we made for his birthday... Hmm.
Well anyway, there isn't a worry anymore. But still, the thought of giving birth in Mexico gives me the shivers...

No comments:

Post a Comment