Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ways people surprise their family and friends...

So each month I could be prego I envision the 3rd month I would be pregnant and what is going on that month that I can tell my family. Like for example if I was prego in October I would have told the fam over Christmas because everyone is all together. Something like that. It is important to me to tell people in person and for my sister and best friend living in Utah, I like to think of when I would be seeing them next because I can't tell them over the phone or skype. I have to video the reaction. A picture would be ya know, kinda cool but a video would capture so much more. You could record a skype/ichat conversation but you can't hug them or anything :( .
Which also makes me sad that Dustin's family is all over the place and he has so much family that they are a tricky bunch to tell together. We are a little behind on having kids in the Groff family... Everyone seems to ask in their own little 'not-so-sneaky way' to see what our family plan is... People are funny. When we know, you guys will know. Okay?
When we moved into our new ward in California I wanted to just tell everyone at once when we were asked to speak in Sacrament to "Stop asking about babies!" But I didn't because first of all I am sure nobody can ever hear me when I am at the podium, and second... I forgot. Lol.
Ok. Here are some ways people have said they surprised their people:

*The cliche gift to mom and dad of a t-shirt/ultrasound telling them they will be a gma or gpa.
*Cooking dinner with foods that all start with 'baby' (baby back ribs/baby carrots...) -Eh, kinda lame. It seems like you would have to end up telling them because they wouldn't get it...
*Giving your husband a bouquet of pregnancy tests... ew. They just pee'd on those things...
*Playing hangman with the family and spelling out you're pregnant or something. Kinda fun :)
*After dinner ask if anyone is still hungry because there is a bun in the oven...
*Sending a letter to family with a due date announcement. BORING. And you don't see the reaction.
*Take a picture of the two of you and either write on the photo or say, "There are actually 3 people in this picture."
*Make fortune cookies and inside on the paper write something about you being pregnant. Cute
*Play gestures trying to imitate a pregnant woman and then the hubby points to the wife.
Take a family photo and instead of saying, "Say cheese" you say "Say (So-so) is pregnant!")

Those are just some of the ones I found. Most people do the giving a shirt deal to a family member so I want to do something different... We'll see. It depends on the month that I would have to tell them :D

No comments:

Post a Comment