So we are nearing the end of this pregnancy... Crazy. Feels like I have been pregnant for a long time. Finding out in February feels like forever ago. My maternity leave started last week. My midwife said its normal to have 3-4 weeks off before the due date and then 6 weeks recovery time after the due date. Not quite as long as I was hoping for, because that means if we want any extra money I need to go back to work the beginning of December. Of course my boss told me I can come back whenever I need to and they won't require me to come back on on the exact date my disability insurance ends. I'll have to wait and see...
To briefly summarize my pregnancy, I didn't have any cravings, never had any sickness/nausea, no Braxton hicks or whatever, my stomach hasn't itched yet, I don't have to run to the bathroom all the time like people expect women too (I can control myself), no extreme hormones and not a crazy nesting period. I like things clean and organized anyway and so it didn't feel any more different than how I was before. I would say I have been pretty close to how I was pre-pregnancy.
There are a couple things though like in my first trimester and my third trimester I am in now I was pretty tired, I have had some heartburn this month which is very uncomfortable and something I never had before, and I think this month I will start to get more emotional... I feel it coming like a wave sneaking up on you.... Watch out Dustin lol.
The heartburn thing has been the most annoying thing so far. But I looked up some things that help it like eating bananas, drinking peppermint tea, and avoiding highly acidic foods and sugar.When I first started having it I was like, "What is this burning in my throat!?!!!!" It almost made me mad haha.
I have my labor bag all ready to go and chillin' in the baby room (FULL of stuff), we have a carseat all ready and set up, and the baby room is all ready and has been for quite some time. I knew how it was going to look basically before we were pregnant haha.
Now its just a waiting game. My only concern is I won't know who my midwife will be when the day comes. All of them at the Women's Health and Birth Center are on call. I have met all of them, but there are 2 I am reeeeally hoping I don't have. One is really floopy, doesn't really listen to what you have to say and is one of those people you find yourself squinting your face wondering what the heck she is talking about. She just doesn't seem all there which is a concern... :/ The other one is just plain mean and strict. She is like one of those teachers in school that if you get distracted or whisper something to the person sitting next to you, she stares at you and sarcastically says, "Please share with the rest of the class what is so important that you felt the need to disrupt my lesson."She actually did that in one the classes we had to take at the birth center! It was scary and intense. She makes you feel kind of uncomfortable, like you don't know anything and are going to irritate her with anything you ask.
I can't decide which of the 2 crazies I would rather be stuck with.
Now I have a lot of down time at our little country house, since Dustin takes the car a lot. I plan to make a bunch of freezer cooked meals to get ready for not having energy to make anything for meals after baby comes. I only wish we had a bigger freezer. :/
Other than that... I got nothin' but waitin'.
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment