Friday, July 8, 2011

Good mom? Bad mom?

I think I will be a good mom. I already act like a mom to people around me. I find myself calling people "hun" all the time.. Sometimes they are older than me too haha.
I have been a mom for the last 3 years at this student complex we are working at. Telling students to clean their rooms, keep the noise down at night, monitoring what they can and can't do... Students here are dumb too. It seems like majority of BYU students are very very book smart and good at playing instruments but they do not have very good common sense or know how to live on their own at all. It's like mormon families don't teach kids these days how to be independent, be responsible or do anything on their own. So strange to me. Of course if anyone knows my parents, of course I would be taught how to be independent, do things on my own or pay for my own dang car.
But I don't want to even think about having a teenager to deal with yet. Yuck. I will have fun being a mom. Going to zoos with the kids.. and by kids I am including Dustin as part of the "kids." Lol. Taking them to water parks, camping in tents around a campfire, playing at the beach, finger painting...
The nutritious eating part won't be hard. Sorry kids but you are having the same granola life I had. Rice milk here we come.
Discipline. Oh man. No tantrums or yelling at mommy will be tolerated. I will not be one of those moms that lets her kids treat her however they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment