I don’t think it’s REALLY sunk in yet... maybe a little at times; when I feel her kick, or when I’m with Alyssa and all of a sudden I think, she’s pregnant! With my Baby! I’m going to be a dad! Sometimes I think, I helped make a PERSON! It’s weird, but really cool! I’ve also had the thought that I can’t believe that I’m allowed to have my own child. I still feel like one and yet I’m going to be responsible for another. Haha
I can’t wait for the moment she is out and we hear her cry. I remember being in the room when Dallin, our nephew, was born. It was something I had never felt before and he wasn’t even mine. I can only imagine... I already know I’m going to cry.
Some emotions.
I’m afraid. I’m afraid that I won’t be a good dad and that I won’t know what to do. I’m afraid that I won’t be able to provide for my family the way I want. I’m afraid.
I’m proud. I’m proud she is joining our family. I’m proud that she will have God in her life, that she will know where she came from and where she’s going. I’m proud of her. I’m proud of Alyssa. I’m proud.
I’m excited! I’m excited for bedtime stories. I’m excited for messes. I’m excited for laughing and crying. I’m excited for MY family to grow. I’m excited for the unknown. I’m excited to teach her. I’m excited to learn from her. I’m excited for her to call me dad. I’m excited to watch Alyssa be a mom. I’m excited to be a dad. I’m excited for her. I’m excited!
I’m sad. Actually... no I’m not.
I’m happy. I’m happy she’s a she. I’m happy she’s healthy. I’m happy she’s mine. I’m happy that Alyssa is her mom. I’m happy it’s now. I’m happy.
I’m ready. I’m ready to show her off. I’m ready to change diapers. I’m ready for little fingers. I’m ready for no sleep. I’m ready to be protective. I’m ready for new baby smell. I’m ready for daddy-daughter time. I’m ready to be a pushover. I’m ready for her. I’m ready. I think...
Ready or not, here she comes.
-Dustin
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment